With the Senior Bowl wrapped up, the Pittsburgh Steelers should be close to naming some coaches to their staff to fill the voids left by Sean Kugler, Amos Jones and to an extent Al Everest. Every offseason, coaches’ use this week as a coaching combine of sorts as many deals are worked out to fill holes in staffs.Washington Redskins had granted the Steelers permission to speak with Pittsburgh native Danny Smith, to potentially fill their special teams coordinator position. At this point, this has not been verified by either team, but it is being reported in the respective media outlets.
This would not be the first time that the Steelers have made overtures about Smith, whom they tried to talk to three seasons ago to fill the same opening. In all, Smith has been one of the longer tenured coaches with the Redskins, being a member of their staff since the 2004 season.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals Reportedly Interview Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley for Their Vacent Head Coaching Position
- Pittsburgh Steelers Lead the Washington Redskins 20-6 at Halftime
- No Surprise, Pittsburgh Steelers Make Troy Polamalu, Marcus Gilbert, Rashard Mendenhall Inactive Against the Washington Redskins
- On a Sloppy Day, the Pittsburgh Steelers Stop RGIII and the Washington Redskins
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pec