One area of the 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers that left nightmarish images in fans heads were their special teams units. Looking back, one may surmise that they were doomed from the start as special teams coordinator Al Everest was fired days before the season opener and Amos Jones was promoted to the position.Pittsburgh after six seasons and will take the same position with the Arizona Cardinals. While there has been no official word from the organization, multiple reports have surfaced from Arizona (Twitter), to Pittsburgh (Steelers Depot), to Alabama (Tuscaloosa News) , to Wikipedia with details of this impending transaction.
If this is the case, Jones will rejoin former Steelers offensive coordinator and now Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians for a fourth time. The two coaches have crossed paths at the University of Alabama under coach Bear Bryant, at Temple University when Arians was head coach and with the Steelers.
Jones would be the second assistant coach to depart the Steelers after their disappointing 8-8 season. He will be joining former offensive line coach Sean Kugler, who left the team to become head coach at UTEP.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals Reportedly Interview Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley for Their Vacent Head Coaching Position
- Why is It All Quiet on the Search for the New Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Line Coach?
- Pittsburgh Steelers Kicker Shaun Suisham Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p80