Last week, the Pittsburgh Steelers signed six players to Reserve / Futures contracts. Late Monday, they announced a seventh signee to join wide receivers Derek Moye and Bert Reed, defensive backs Ross Ventrone and Isaiah Green and linemen Joe Long and Justin Cheadle.Kion Wilson, formerly of the Carolina Panthers and San Diego Chargers came to terms and will come to camp to compete for a spot on the sure to be changing roster. He was originally signed by the Chargers as an undrafted rookie free agent out of South Florida in 2010, and saw action in three games prior to finishing the season on injured reserve.
The 6-1, 239-pound linebacker likely would compete for a special teams spot, although, he does have experience in the 3-4 scheme after playing with the Chargers. At this point it seems like a long shot, as only guard John Malecki and linebacker Marshall McFadden worked their way onto the 53-man roster by the end of the season after signing Reserve / Future contracts in 2012.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Six Players to Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Place Three, Including Two Starters, on Injured Reserve
- Battered Pittsburgh Steelers Activate David DeCastro, Place Marcus Gilbert on Injured Reserve
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oms