The Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals are at halftime of this critical AFC North match-up. The Bengals are leading the Steelers 10-7 in this regular season playoff game.Leon Hall stepped in front of tight end Heath Miller picked off the Ben Roethlisberger pass and then returned it 17-yards for a touchdown, putting the Bengals in front 7-0 late in the first quarter.
After the Steelers blew a scoring chance with Shaun Suisham missing a 24-yard field goal, the Bengals did not miss the same opportunity. After being set up with great field position following a Drew Butler punt, they moved the ball just enough to get into field goal range. Josh Brown finished the drive with a 41-yard field goal to make the score 10-0 with two minutes remaining in the first half.
The Steelers did not quit and has been the case most of the season, were able to put some points on the board in the last two minutes of the half. This time Roethlisberger connected with Antonio Brown for a 60-yard touchdown pass to move the score to 10-7 with one minute left in the half.
The offense has looked out of sync for another ball game. While there has been some success in the running game, the play calling seems to go away from it. In all, Roethlisberger is 6-of-12 for 113 yards one touchdown and one interception. Brown is leading the way for the receiver with four grabs for 83 yards and the touchdown. Jonathan Dwyer (8-36) and Rashard Mendenhall (5-34) are leading the way on the ground.
Defensively, the Steelers are physical and are taking it to the Bengals. Lawrence Timmons is all over the field with five tackles and one sack and Keenan Lewis is playing well although it is clear he is not 100 percent.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebookand to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebookand to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandyrelief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Lead the Washington Redskins 20-6 at Halftime
- New York Giants Lead the Pittsburgh Steelers 14-10 at Halftime
- San Diego Chargers Lead the Pittsburgh Steelers 13-3 at Halftime
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/o6c