The Pittsburgh Steelers are coming off a disappointing loss to the San Diego Chargers, and now must go on the road to take on the Dallas Cowboys. This match-up against another NFC East team, has playoff implications for each team, and should be a hard-fought battle.Ben Roethlisberger can stay protected this week behind a redesigned offensive line. With him at the helm, a balanced attack could go a long way at pulling out a victory Sunday afternoon.
With wide receivers Antonio Brown (Illness) and Emmanuel Sanders (Shoulder) battling the injury bug, it may be time for Mike Wallace to match last weeks impressive game with a second solid performance.
Last week, the patchwork offensive line struggled against the Chargers and will now have a new starter with rookie David DeCastro making his first start at right guard. Ramon Foster will slide into the left guard position that was vacated when Willie Colon underwent knee surgery early in the week. It also became official that offensive line coach Sean Kugler will be leaving for the head coaching position at UTEP, his Alma Mater, at the end of the season.
Defensively, the loss of Ike Taylor (Ankle) seemed to hurt the Steelers quite a bit Sunday, especially on third down where the failed to get off the field. Things did not improve during the week when starting cornerback Cortez Allen, who was filling in for Taylor was unavailable due to a groin injury. In their absence, Curtis Brown will start, and recently signed Josh Victorian and DeMarcus Van Dyke will play a huge role against the Cowboys.
Going into Sunday, starters cornerback Colon (Knee), Taylor (Ankle), and offensive tackle Mike Adams (Ankle), are already listed as out and Allen (Groin) has been listed as doubtful and will likely be inactive.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Bounce Back Against the Baltimore Ravens
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Bounce Back Against the Cleveland Browns in AFC North Action
- Guard David DeCastro Preps for First Start for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ben Roethlisberger Set to Start for Pittsburgh Steelers Against the San Diego Chargers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Expect Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Back Sunday Against the San Diego Chargers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nwr