The Pittsburgh Steelers and Sand Diego Chargers are locked in a typical battle between the two teams, with the Chargers lead 13-3 at halftime.Phillip Rivers led them on a 12-play 36-yard drive to grab the lead mid way through the first quarter. Unfortunately, for the Chargers, the drive stalled and Nick Novak drilled a 51-yard field goal to make the score 3-0. That Novak field goal was the third longest in Heinz Field history.
After both defenses forced the opposition into multiple punts, the Chargers were finally able to take advantage of great field position. Danario Alexander beat Curtis Brown for a 39-yard touchdown pass from Rivers to extend the score to 10-0 with roughly three minutes remaining in the first half. The Steelers tried to convert on fourth-and-inches and failed at midfield, setting the Chargers up with field position again in the first half, and again the Chargers were able to add some points on the scoreboard. After one first down, Novak connected for his second field goal to make the score 13-0 with less than a minute remaining.
The Steelers took the 50 seconds and tuned it into points, with Ben Roethlisberger finally getting into a rhythm, moving them 59-yards in that 50 seconds to set up a Shaun Suisham 49-yard field goal as time expired in the first half.
The offense has been sluggish in Ben Roethlisberger’s return, managing only one three first downs in the half. Big Ben has completed only 9-of-20 for 105 yards, but as has become the case, he has suffered through critical drops by both Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. The Steelers also have had no running game, with Roethlisberger leading the way with 13 yards. That unit also took a hit, as guard Willie Colon re-injured his knee and will not return.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants Lead the Pittsburgh Steelers 14-10 at Halftime
- Ben Roethlisberger Set to Start for Pittsburgh Steelers Against the San Diego Chargers
- Rashard Mendenhall and Ike Taylor Headline Pittsburgh Steelers Inactives Against San Diego Chargers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Continue Their Winning Ways Against the San Diego Chargers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/noe