Head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed what Steelers 101 reported yesterday, that cornerback Ike Taylor’s ankle fracture will keep him out of action for a few weeks. He also speculated that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could return this week if his shoulder holds up through practice this week.
With Taylor out, the Steelers will count on Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown to play increased snaps, and have started to look at cornerback options to add depth. It is being reported the former Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders cornerback Stanford Routt will be heading to Pittsburgh for a workout. If they do not sign anyone, DeMarcus Van Dyke would have to step into a larger role.
Tomlin also expects Ryan Clark (Hip), Emmanuel Sanders (Shoulder), Mike Wallace (Knee), Will Johnson (Concussion), Willie Colon (Knee) and Jerricho Cotchery (Ribs) to improve as the week moves forward and potentially be ready for Sunday. All six players may be limited early in the week, but should take part in practice by Friday.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Questionable with a Sprained Shoulder
- Pittsburgh Steelers Rule Out Ben Roethlisberger; Byron Leftwich to Start
- No Surprise, Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and Antonio Brown Headline Inactive List
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nik