Today, the Pittsburgh Steelers officially listed quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as out for their critical AFC North match-up against the Baltimore Ravens. In his absence, the team will turn to veteran quarterback Byron Leftwich as the starter.
Of course, if the Steelers want to win on Sunday night, he will have to play better than his 7-of-14 73-yard performance against the Chiefs. Yes, it was his first regular season action in more than a year (22 months), but, their defense is a far cry from that of the Ravens.
With the announcement made Wednesday, he will have the advantage of taking the reps all week in practice, possibly allowing him to build some chemistry with tight end Heath Miller and wide receivers Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery, as it appears that wide receiver Antonio Brown will not suit up again due to his ankle injury.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Questionable with a Sprained Shoulder
- Pittsburgh Steelers Lose Ben Roethlisberger, but Defeat the Kansas City Chiefs in Overtime
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/msx