The Pittsburgh Steelers head to halftime tied with the Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 10-10, in a game that is a lot closer than many expected.Jamal Charles scoring from 12-yards out to make the score 7-0.
After a Willie Colon meltdown that cost the Steelers almost 20-yards in penalty yardage, running back Isaac Redman fumbled on next play. This turnover set the Chiefs up at the Steelers 10-yard line. The defense held their ground, and held the Chiefs to three-points. Ryan Succop capped the six-yard drive with a 22-yard field goal to extend the lead to 10-0 early in the second quarter of action.
The Steelers were finally able to scratch their way onto the board with a solid drive. Riding passes to tight ends Heath Miller and David Paulson the team moved 43-yards on 11-plays to set up a Shaun Suisham 35-yard field goal to make the score 10-3 Kansas City.
After the defense forced their first three-and-out, the Steelers offense took advantage of great field position, to draw even at 10-10 late in the second quarter. To cap the 50-yard drive, Ben Roethlisberger hooked up with Mike Wallace on a seven-yard pass, allowing Wallace to become only the sixth wide receiver in franchise history with at least 30 touchdown receptions.
Offensively, the Steelers overcame a sluggish start to draw even. Running back Jonathan Dwyer took over for Redman after his fumble and led the ground-game with eight carries for 38 yards. Roethlisberger was better than is numbers would suggest, going 9-of-17 for 89 yards and 1 touchdown, overcoming four drops in the sloppy wet conditions at Heinz Field.
Defensively, the team must sure up their run defense as the explosive Charles is cutting them up with 14 carries for 65 yards and 1 touchdown. The defense did manage one sack, but have yet to force a turnover.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Continue Their Winning Ways Monday Night Against the Kansas City Chiefs
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver Antonio Brown Ruled Out Against the Kansas City Chiefs
- Pittsburgh Steelers Make Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu Inactive Against the Kansas City Chiefs
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mq0